Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 2 Surgery Update

Parker continues to be a trooper.  I had no idea what to expect from Parker going into this surgery.  I had assumed that he would be tired after surgery the first day...I was wrong.  He played all day yesterday and slept great last night.  Today I expected him to be sore from all of the playing yesterday and probably be more fussy...I was wrong, again.  He woke up in a great mood, he was happy to see the crowd of doctors that came to visit in the morning.  He even played with his doctor and wore his doctor's cap and talked to all of the residents with the doctor.  The doctor switched Parker from the epidural to regular pain medicine so he was able to unhook from all of the machines that were holding back his fun.  They brought in a wagon and told us we could venture out of our room, so off we went to explore every floor of the hospital.  Today was therapy dog day so Parker met 4 very friendly dogs while we were out on our adventure.







After our journey Parker had a great mid-morning nap and then was ready for a good lunch.  After lunch we ventured out again to the playroom where we found a world of new toys!  We played in there for a couple of hours and then came back to our room for a rest before the rest of the family came for a visit.  Parker was EXTREMELY excited to see James...and everyone else :-)  Andersen, Paige and Xander had a good time pushing Parker around in the wagon while we went back to visit their favorite parts of the hospital.   Parker fell asleep pretty quickly tonight and I'm hoping for another restful night.







The doctor said that they expect to release Parker tomorrow after removing a drain line from his leg and re-wrapping it.  I have not seen his leg since the surgery so I'm anxious to see how it looks.  I already miss tickling his toes but I can't wait to see him take his first steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment