Monday, April 29, 2013

Welcome Home New LEG!!

Today we went to Scottish Rite and picked up Parker's new leg, it's beautiful!  I was worried that after being without the leg for 2 weeks after learning to use it he might regress...but I was wrong.  Parker still loves to walk...a lot!  He is very proud of his leg and wanted to walk all the way out of the hospital and to the car (that takes a long time with a new walker).  Along the way Parker made new friends and enjoyed showing everyone we passed how good he was at walking.  He even was applauded on his way out of the hospital by the 5 or 6 volunteers at the front desk (that made me a bit teary).  I have to say that I LOVE Scottish Rite...have I mentioned that before?...I REALLY do!

This is Parker playing on the doctor's chair while waiting on his leg

Parker just hanging out reading a magazine...standing!

What's up ladies...that's right I have two legs!

Not a great video but I was trying to make a video to send to James while still holding Parker's hand.


When we went to pick up our other kids at our friends house Parker was ready to show everyone his skills.  He was still ready to walk when we got home so he walked around the backyard quite a bit this afternoon.  His favorite way to walk is to push a stroller, car or shopping cart with one hand and hold someone's hand with the other for a little added assurance.  He can also walk just holding one of my hands with the other free.  I can't wait to see how excited he will be when he has enough confidence to bust out on his own!





Come on Xander I can walk now too!


1 comment: