Thursday, February 2, 2012

One step closer....

Today was a biggish milestone in our adoption process, we received our completed home study!!  We started this process in December before we found Xinlei and today that process is complete which means we are ready to move on to the first "real" step.

Our wonderful social worker, Rebecca, called us today about 4:15 and said she just received the completed home study and it was ready to be mailed to our agency.  Rebecca has been amazing to work with because it seems like she feels the same urgency as we do to keep this process moving forward and today was no exception.  She said she had to take her kids to gymnastics but I was welcome to come meet them and pick up my home study if I wanted to get it sent out today...which OF COURSE I did!!  So I raced to Arlington to get the home study, added the paperwork I had and then hurried back to Fed Ex to overnight it to our Adoption Agency.  It should arrive in Colorado tomorrow morning and they will package it will the rest of our information and then mail it to the USCIS which is a fancy way of saying US Immigration :-)  The approval process is generally about 3 months from start to finish so we are ready to get this phase started!



This is my new friend Ian at Fed Ex, I think he should be employee of the month!!


Post By: Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment