Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day?

Well we learned tonight that it is Valentine's day here so we had a night out on the town. Okay it was already planned but now it seemed more official :-) We walked to place called August the 1st Square which is about 30 minutes from the hotel with our new friends the Haas family. There is a water show every night at 8:00 in the square that is set to music that I read about before we left home so we decided to check it out tonight. We grabbed some dinner first which is always an entertaining game of charades for anyone who is near. Then we headed over to a dessert place the Haas family found yesterday for a tasty treat. It was a bit crowded inside so I took the kids outside to wait for James but I always forget I'm with celebrities. In no time at all we were surrounded by at least 20 people asking if they could take pictures with Andersen and Paige, they politely agreed. I didn't get any fun pictures of that tonight because I was trying to keep tabs on everyone which is a little more nerve racking at night when I'm by myself with so many people around.

After we had our treats we headed over to the square and waited for the show. The weather was great tonight and there were people spread out all around the square flying kites, roller blading and doing tai chi. The water show was very entertaining and we didn't realize that the water actually left the fountains so we were in the splash zone. Paige and Xander had a great time in the water!







Now we are back at our hotel and everyone is asleep after our late night :-)

Tomorrow we are flying to Guangzhou which is our last stop in China. We have medical check ups for the boys on Saturday and then our appointment with the US Consulate is on Monday morning. Other than that I believe we have free time while we wait for the boy's visas. We leave Guangzhou on Wednesday night to catch our flight back home and we arrive in Dallas on Thursday morning at 10am!

Location:Yongshu Rd,Nanchang,China

1 comment:

  1. I think the picture of Paige is going to be one of my all-time favorites!!
    Your buddy looked at the pictures and said "I bet they sure are having a lot of fun but I miss all of them...... because I love them!" :) see you soon

    ReplyDelete