Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I Can't Think of a Title :-)

I don't even know where to start today. I can't decide to start with the good or end with the good. So I always prefer happy endings so I'll start with the other.

When we woke up this morning we found out that our much loved dog Emma died unexpectedly last night. I can't even begin to explain how heart broken we all are. I have loved all of the pets in my life but none come close to Emma. Apparently she had cancer but she died very peacefully. We are so blessed with the friends and family in our life who were able to be with her when it happened and take care of her so well. Just incase you've never met Emma here she is:











Then our day moved forward with James coming down with a stomach bug of some sort. Needless to say we put him to bed and he slept most of the day... as well as he could with 4 kids in the room :-)

After breakfast the kids and I decided to venture to the pool. I've decided that I am going to have the most massive biceps of all time courtesy of my two sweet babies. You have to sign in to visit the hotel pool so Andersen was great and took care of that for us because I didn't have any free hands. I then convinced the nice girl that no, Andersen was not going into the men's locker room but that he would be joining me in the women's and he would keep his eyes closed :) There was no one in there so all was good and we put all of our stuff in the lockers like the girl showed us. Then she told us we needed to wear swim caps and thankfully she had some extras but I forgot to pack them. (Unfortunately I didn't have enough hands for a camera because we were all rocking the swim caps pretty great) The front desk girl then told the guy worker at the pool that she wanted to watch over the pool instead so she followed us the whole time we swam. She was enjoying watching the boys but I think she might of also been worried that I was going to drop someone :-) The boys had a great time during their first swim and they both love to splash but Parker does not enjoy when Xander splashes him...at all.

After swimming we played in the room the rest of the day with a great nap in the middle of the day for all of us. Later in the afternoon James was feeling a bit better (thanks to some medicine from another family staying at our hotel) so Andersen and I decided to go find the Walmart and see what we could find. Walmart is about a 30 minute walk from the hotel so it was fun getting to hang out and chat and people watch. About 15 minutes into our walk it began to sprinkle and then about 2 minutes later we were in a downpour. So we enjoyed playing in the rain and hid under a couple of bridges when we could and made it to Walmart squeaky clean.

By the time we left Walmart the rain stopped and we enjoyed a nice walk back to the hotel. When we got back to the hotel James said Xander had thrown up but he was doing fine. He ended up getting sick 3 more times tonight before I finally got him to sleep. We are hoping everyone wakes up feeling better tomorrow.

The good news of the day is that Parker warmed up to Paige and I more today and he didn't cry when I looked at him or picked him up, like he did yesterday. He even held on to me pretty tight when the housekeeper tried to talk to him. It may be only because James was too sick to hold him, but I'll take what I can get :-)

Tomorrow we are headed to Fuzhou to see Xander's orphanage and meet his foster parents and see the spot where he was found.

Good Night.

Location:Bayi Ave,Nanchang,China

2 comments:

  1. I was so so sorry to hear about Emma. I've been thinking about you guys non stop this week and last.

    Such a whirlwind! I'm so glad Parker is warming up a bit. Xander sounds like a firecracker :) I can't wait to hear about tomorrow.

    Love you guys a TON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog & all the stomach ailments. I hope everyone is feeling better when you guys wake up.
    I love reading about your adventures, definitely stories of a lifetime!
    Take care & much love!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete